Has an address record but no DHCID, not mine.

Has an address record but no DHCID, not mine.

thomas.zenz@oenb.at
Hi to all,

We are using dhcp-4.3.5 in failover on two machines.
Because of problems with DDNS I had to check our config and now I have some questions.

We are using update-style standard and  update-conflict-detection true.

Is it possible to have the two servers use one ID to calculate the DHCID?

Right now I get the error log: "Has an address record but no DHCID, not mine."
I think that happen, when the other Server tries to rewrite the Name. Because of WLAN to LAN changes the Hostname changes its IP up to 13 time per Day...

I didn't find an option for that.

Kind Regards

Ing. Thomas Zenz
IT-Operations

Oesterreichische Nationalbank
Garnisongasse 15, 1090 Wien
T:+43(0)1 40420-2744
F:+43(0)1 40420 04-2744
M: +43(0)664 1426188
[hidden email]
www.oenb.at

Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche Informationen enthalten und irrt├╝mlich an Sie gelangt sein. In diesem Fall informieren Sie bitte sofort die Absenderin bzw. den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail oder von Teilen dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.

Has an address record but no DHCID, not mine.

thomas.zenz@oenb.at
This Problem is increasing!

When clients change the Subnet (Wifi - LAN - VPN) and mctl did not sync the servers, Clients get adresses, and DNS is not updatet...

26-Jul-2017 09:55:04.077 update: info: client 10.0.0.36#63541/key dhcp-update: view lan: updating zone 'ad.co.at/IN': deleting an RR at PC413.ad.co.at A
26-Jul-2017 09:55:04.104 update: info: client 10.0.0.35#63541/key dhcp-update: view lan: updating zone 'ad.co.at/IN': deleting an RR at PC413.ad.co.at A
26-Jul-2017 09:55:04.120 update: info: client 10.0.0.36#63541/key dhcp-update: view lan: updating zone 'ad.co.at/IN': deleting an RR at PC413.ad.co.at DHCID
26-Jul-2017 09:55:04.266 update: info: client 10.0.0.35#63541/key dhcp-update: view lan: updating zone 'ad.co.at/IN': deleting an RR at PC413.ad.co.at DHCID

Please help!

Re: Has an address record but no DHCID, not mine.

Bill Shirley-2
Could this be because a laptop has both a wired and wireless connection?  Look in the
log files for the MAC addresses acquiring the leases.

Posting your dhcpd.conf may help.

Bill